Obituary



Douglas Stanford Slocum son of Gladys L. Slocum and Arthur F. Slocum departed this life at the age of 78. He fathered 9 children and is survived by 7 and 1 stepson. Douglas (Punchie) Stanford Slocum Jr., Lestina Denise Slocum, Edith Vanessa Slocum-Williams, Karen Zelma Slocum-Green, Keisha Smith, Katema Gladys Slocum, Kendal Justin Slocum, Khrishna Jude Moore, Ronald Slocum (Deceased) and Craig Slocum (Deceased). 12 grandchildren Monique Roxanne Weems, Wilburt Tyrone Slocum, Lestina Williamena Weems, William Franklin Lindsay, Wyatt Slocum, Sidney Sweeny, James Green, Douglas Stanford Knox, Michelle Knox, Kamyron J. Slocum, Niari I Smith and Komari A. Smith and many great grandchildren. Douglas Slocum was a retired Naval veteran with 20 years of dedicated service. He is loved and will be missed by all.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks again Kendal for what you've done! You gave Doug's family from Philadelphia, Virginia, Douglassville, Ohio, and where I live in the country of Egypt the opportunity to experience the farewell to Doug via the internet.

    I believe it's as Doug wanted it to be, that we should be informed of his passing.

    I'm thankful for what you've done! I can't say it enough, so again, I say, THANK YOU BRO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendal Slocum5/4/09 2:41 PM

    You guys don't know how much joy it brings to our hearts out here to know that our big brother and sisters are doing well and living their lives with that unique Slocum zest.
    I want to extend my gratitude to each of you in the east and far middle east (Edith, Doug Jr., Karen and Tina) for coming to the site and allowing all of us to virtually join hands in our union of love for our father and each other.
    My eyes well up with joy every time I see a new comment posting. We love you all and look forward to a new era of openness and communication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendal, you did a wonderful job bro. The strength its taken for you to complete this in such an expedient manner my hats off to you!!!I miss him and this helps. And today I'm clean and dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edith Vanessa Slocum-Williams16/4/09 4:30 AM

    Hiya,
    This game "Who was Doug Slocum" may have an error....Doug's highest grade was at least technical school because he had to go through tech school in the military....To this end, I believe he may have completed more education than just technical school, but I cannot be certain...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are filtered for content and will not post immediately.